Global Wind Organisation (GWO): Basic Safety Training
The Global Wind Organisation is a non-profit body founded by wind turbine manufacturers and owners. They strive for an injury free work environment in the wind turbine industry, setting common international standards for safety training and emergency procedures
Reach New Heights
Basic Safety Training (BST) for personnel in the wind industry aims to provide the essential skills needed to work safely. Here you can learn more about the selection of GWO courses and find courses that fit your needs. . Our courses are certified by GWO – the Global Wind Organisation, which ensures that delegates can apply their skills and certificates working in the wind industry all over the world.
Improving Safety and Productivity in the Wind Turbine Industry
GWO criteria adapt to reflect safety hazards in the wind turbine industry and to ensure a safe work environment for anyone working in the wind turbine industry. To accommodate the emerging industry, MSTS Asia offers GWO Basic Safety Training to assist business stay safe beyond the regulatory requirement. Not only that, we (MSTS Johor Training Centre) is the first training in Malaysia approved by GWO to conduct the training.
GWO Basic Safety Training
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will carry out their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or offshore wind structure.
Personnel that perform job functions that have been risk assessed by their employer or workplace, where training according to one or more modules of the BST standard may mitigate the identified risks.
- All personnel participating in Basic Safety Training shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating.
- Training providers shall have a procedure that requires participants to sign a statement stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of any narcotic substance or alcohol. Annex 2: Medical Self-Assessment Form shall be used if no other equivalent procedure is in place.
- Participants’ signatures testifying to their medical fitness shall be collected prior to the start of the basic safety training course.
- Participants shall have created a personal participant profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the BST training.
Mode of Learning
- Training at Centre (Available at MSTS Pasir Gudang, Johor only)
- Blended Learning (Available at MSTS Singapore)
- MSTS Pasir Gudang, Johor
- MSTS Singapore
AVAILABLE GWO COURSES AND MODULES
TRAINING AT CENTRE
(E-LEARNING + PRACTICAL)
GWO Approved Centre
RelyOn Nutec offers GWO training at a number of our facilities including Pasir Gudang in Malaysia, Esbjerg in Denmark, Rotterdam or Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Oostende in Belgium, Bremerhaven in Germany or Teesside in the UK.
Read What Others Have To Say
It’s my first time attending a BOSIET training course and to my surprise,I find it easy to understand. Also, the instructors are highly knowledgeable in the offshore oil & gas industry. Job well done.